Thursday, January 15, 2015

Finally Back In Action!

Finally Back In Action!

Hello all of my loyal fans and fallowers, D.L. Mannex here! I am officially back! 

My husband and I are finally settled into our new home in our new town!

 I have unpacked about 75% of my Art/Craft Room, so I am pushing around some new creative energy! I am happy to report that all of my tables are set up, all me equipment is plugged in and ready to go!

I also discovered, while exploring my new city, a small Arts and Crafts Supply store! Sadly the closest Micheals, Joanns, and/or Hobby Lobby is more then 45 minutes away from my new location. So this little store and online retailers are going to be my new best friends. 
But this little store is the cutest thing and they are having their 3rd Anniversary Art Show coming up next Saturday (Jan 24th)! After talking with the owner and with some encouragement from the Husband and my other Friends and Family, I have decided to enter a piece! Which I dropped off today I am happy to say! And not only will it be featured in the show, it will also be for sale! The shop will be making 20% Commission on in, which I have no objection with because I am happily earning the other 80% if it sells! I have never tried anything like this before, but being in this new place and with art being so well recieved out here, I thought "Why not put my foot in the door?"

And there she is!

The title of the piece is "Spirit in Lights". She is an 11" x 17" beauty done with; Copic Markers, PrismaColor Pencils and Faber-Castall Polychromos, and Koi WaterColors. Oh and just a touch on White GellyRoll Gel Pen for highlights and my signature at the bottom. From Sketch to Finish, she took me about 21 hours total to complete. Oh and she is priced at $125.00 for the Art Show.

I am very excited to be part of the show and am happy to have busted out a new drawing! BUT!! I look forward to getting into crafting again very shortly. Unfortunately, until now, I have been forced to neglect my Blog, my YouTube, and my Artist FaceBook page. Now I have no reason to push out drawings and craft projects like a pro, and to film and post more tutorials on YouTube to help those interested in my type of hobbies and works!

So with all of that off my chest, I am going to go for a quick stroll with my husband, then race back to my new craft room to get creating! I want to thank you all for sticking with me and for your continued support!! Please feel free to leave comments or ask questions below! 

With love,
D.L. Mannex


  1. She turned out so gorgeous! You have such a great talent!

  2. Thank you so much Christine. I am very excited to see if she will make someone happy enough to purchase her.