Monday, February 2, 2015

DCWV French Country Wall Decor

DCWV French Country Wall Decor

With a few Craft Fairs on the horizon, I have had to broaden my ideas to create new things, maybe even some things I have never thought of doing. I have only done Wall Decor once before and that was out of coasters from a Bar. This time I was digging through some donated supplies and came across three wooden Heart Shapes.


To give you a little information on what I did, from this point I gave each wooden shape a good layer of Gesso. I then dug out my DCWV French Country 12x12 stack and using ModPodge I adhere the paper to what would the front side of each heart. 

Some of the other things I used include; Lace and Ribbon, Pearl Beaded Trim, Paper Roses from a shopping trip in L.A., Prima Flowers, Flatback "Candy" Jems, and Glossy Accents. The result is as follows.

3 Tier Heart Decor

Heart 1 Close-Up


Heart 2 Close-Up


Heart 3 Close-Up


I was aiming for Shabby Chic but I think I may have strayed some. But I think it would perfect in a little baby girls Nursery or young girls Bedroom. I am not sure what my asking price will be yet but I have time to think it over.

Comments and Critism is welcome below in the comments section.

With Much Love,
D.L. Mannex


No comments:

Post a Comment