Monday, April 7, 2014

April 2014 Challenge : Tonya Gibbs Sketch

April 2014 Challenge: Tonya Gibbs Sketch

Good Evening Bloggers! D.L. Mannex with Devon's Divine Designs here!! Announcing my very first Challenge Entry in my crafting Career, and I am so very excited! If youd like to take on this Challenge, go HERE !

It all starts with this beautiful sketch from Tonya Gibbs!


The Challenge is to use Washi Tape, Scraps, or Old Products. Sadly I dont own any Washi Tapes, but Old Products and Scraps are my best friends in the crafting world, often coming to me as hand-me-downs, yard sale finds, or clearancing items at craft stores or expos. So before I get started here is a Supply List for my version of this wonderful sketch.

Supplies:
~ Card Base : Ivory - Recollections
~ Mixed Pattern Cardstock (Yard Sale Discovery)
~ Paper Doily (Hand-me-Down Supplies)
~Memento Ink : Rose Bud
~Color Box Cat's Eye Inks : Pastels
~Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist: #16850 Valentine Pink
~ "Thank You" Cling Stamp
~Spotted Feathers
~Rinestones
~Silk Ribbon Rose
~ Assorted Trimmers and Adhesives


And now, here is my version of the Sketch!!

So after digging out the scraps of Mixed Pattern Paper, I took my Westcott Paper Trimmer and eye-balled trimming them down in different sizes to match the Sketch the best I could.
Then using my Tape Runner, I adhered the trimmings to the Ivory Card Base.
Next was the Paper Doily, which I sprayed with Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist in Valentine Pink (#16850). To speed up the drying process, I used my Martha Stewart Heat Gun. Which I then Adhered over the trimmings with my Tape Runner.


Then I came across two tags in the same patterned papers ad the trimmings. I distressed them with Color Box Cat's Eye Ink in Pink Pastel, and stamped "Thank You" in Memento Ink in Rose Bud.
Using Foam Mounting Tape, I adhered the two tags together, giving the top on some lift. Then using my Hot Glue Gun, I glued the Spotted Feather between the two tags, and the Silk Ribbon Rose on the top tag.
Once again, using Foam Mounting Tape, I adhered the Tags to the Doily, giving it some lift.


Last but not least, I used my Hot Glue Gun to glue down the Rinestones in the Triangle Pattern displayed in the Sketch.


Over all I am very impressed with how much fun I had doing this. Ive never been much of a card maker but apparently all it takes is a beautiful sketch and some scraps. 

Thank you Tonya Gibbs for the Challenge!

And again, whoever finds inspiration in my creation and would like to take on this Challenge, just go HERE !!

And with that, Divine Designs Out!!


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg adorable and beautiful thanks for playing along

    ReplyDelete